|Ethics||HOME > Instruction for Authors > Ethics|
Internal Regulations for Publications Ethics of The Korean Institute of Broadcast and Media Engineers
1. Forgery: the act of forging a content or result of research
2. Falsification: the act of fabricating a content or result of research without any proper procedure for an evidential proof
3. Distortion: the act of exaggeration or reduction the whole or a part of data to lead a false result
4. Plagiarism: the act of using the whole or a part of a content or a result of other’s research with or without changing the shape without clearly stating its originality, or to use the whole or a part of the core concept of other’s research without clearly stating its originality
5. Self-plagiarism: the act of using the whole or a part of a content or a result of an already published his or her own publication with or without changing the shape without clearly stating its originality
6. Overlapping submission: the act of submitting a manuscript whose considerable part duplicates his or her own already published one(s)
1. An author of a manuscript shall have contribution in planing and performing the research process, in analyzing the results, and in completing the manuscript.
2. The corresponding author shall take all the responsibilities on the whole manuscript submitting procedure and shall have taken agreement of each of other authors on each of the processes from submitting the manuscript to publishing it.
1. A paper submitted to the journal or conference proceedings of the society shall contain a new discovery or opinion, a new analysis or interpretation of an existing research, or an appropriate reviewing for the related existing researches.
2. A manuscript submitted to be published on a regular or irregular publication shall not be forged, variated, or distorted.
3. A manuscript shall explicitly clarify the originality of the publication whose content or result is used.
4. The author shall quote the publication on the manuscript to be published when a figure, table, sentence, or major result in his or her own already published one is used in the manuscript. Also the author shall inform all the related or analogous manuscripts including the one using different language in the process of submitting, reviewing, or publishing.
5. It is possible to submit the manuscript without violating any of these regulations in the following cases.
(1) It is possible to submit a manuscript which is a meaningfully improved version of the paper published on another domestic or international conference. But the published conference paper shall be quoted and which and how the content has been meaningfully improved shall be clearly explained. Even when only the abstract has been published on a conference, it is possible to publish the paper on the journal of the society but it shall be quoted and clearly explained.
(2) A manuscript containing all or a considerable amount of content in the manuscript published on other journal or conference proceedings including the one by other languages can be published only when the readers and the conference attendees are noticeably different. But the existing paper shall have been published already and it shall be quoted or clearly explained when the manuscript is submitted. When the translated version of the existing paper is used, the author(s) shall be fully responsible for the translation.
1. (warning) If the violation is on less than 10% of the manuscript or publication, the president informs the violation content and its punishment to each of the authors, withdraws the manuscript or publication, and warns the authors to be cautious in making a manuscript thereafter.
2. (reprimand) If the violation is on between 10% and 30% of the manuscript or publication, the president informs the violation content and its punishment to each of the authors, withdraws the manuscript or publication, and post it on the bulletin board of the homepage of the society for 1 month. Also all the manuscripts by the violating authors waiting for publication or in reviewing are withdrawn. Those authors cannot submit a manuscript to the society for publication for 1 year.
3. (stern reprimand) If the violation is on more than 30% of the manuscript or publication, the president informs the violation content and its punishment to each of the authors and the related other societies by an official notice. Also the president withdraws the manuscript or publication and posts it on the bulletin board of the homepage of the society for 3 months. Also all the manuscripts by the violating authors waiting for publication or in reviewing are withdrawn. Those authors cannot submit a manuscript to the society for publication for 3 years.
4. After the following punishment process, the president sends an official apology notice to the authors of the original publication if the violation is plagiarism.
1. These internal regulations shall apply from November 22, 2013.
2. All the cases that are not specified in these internal regulations follow the decision by the board of editors or the publication ethic investigation committee.