Search by item HOME > Access full text > Search by item

JBE, vol. 26, no. 4, pp.398-408, July, 2021

DOI: https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2021.26.4.398

A Study on the Implementation of Digital Twin Architecture and Detailed Technology for Agriculture and Livestock Industry

Deuk-Young Jeong, Se-Han Kim, In-Bok Lee, Uk-Hyeon Yeo, Sang-Yeon Lee, Jun-Gyu Kim, and Se-Jun Park

C.A E-mail: iblee@snu.ac.kr

Abstract:

Since COVID-19, the world's food shortage population has more than doubled from 130 million to 270 million. In addition, as various issues related to the food industry such as climate change arise, the importance of agriculture and livestock is increasing. In particular, it is still difficult to utilize data generated in these field. Therefore, the objective of this study was to explain the limitations of using data based on fragmentary analysis and the necessity of Digital Twin. The additional objective was to propose an architecture and necessary technologies of a Digital Twin platform suitable for agricultural and livestock. It also proposed a Digital Twin-based service that could be used in the near future, such as labor reduction, productivity improvement, personalized consumption, transportation, and distribution by incorporating intelligent information convergence technology into facility horticulture and livestock farming.

Keyword: Digital Twin, Smart Farm, Federation, Architecture, Agriculture & Livestock

Reference:
[1] Deuk-Young Jeong, Institute of Information & communications Technology Planning & Evaluation (IITP), ICT R&D Technology Roadmap 2025 (ICT Convergence, 2020)
[2] Deuk-young Jeong, "Technical Definition of Digital Twin and Five-Level Model" OSIA S&TR Journal, ISSN 1738-9887 Vol. 34, No.2, pp.10-16, March 2021
[3] Grieves,M. Digital Twin: Manufacturing Excellence through Virtual Factory Replication
WhitePaper
NASA:Washington, DC,USA,2014.
[4] F. Tao, M. Zhang, Y. Liu, A.Y.C. Nee, “Digital Twin driven prognostics and health management for complex equipment”, CIRP Annals Volume 67, Issue 1, 2018, Pages 169-172, https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.cirp.2018.04.055
[5] D. Adamenko et al., “Review and comparison of the methods of designing the Digital Twin,” January 2020, Procedia CIRP 91:27-32 DOI:10.1016/j.procir.2020.02.146
[6] TTAK.KO-06.0286, Requirements Profile for Environmental Control and Monitoring System in Greenhouse, TTA, 2012, Retrieved from http://www.tta.or.kr
[7] Yeo, U. H., Lee, I. B., Kim, R. W., Lee, S. Y., & Kim, J. G. (2019). Computational fluid dynamics evaluation of pig house ventilation systems for improving the internal rearing environment. biosystems engineering, 186, 259-278.
[8] Kim, R. W., Lee, I. B., Ha, T. H., Yeo, U. H., Lee, S. Y., Lee, M. H., ... & Kim, J. G. (2017). Development of CFD model for predicting ventilation rate based on age of air theory using thermal distribution data in pig house. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, 59(6), 61-71.
[9] Lee, S. Y., Lee, I. B., Kim, R. W., Yeo, U. H., Kim, J. G., & Kwon, K. S. (2020). Dynamic energy modelling for analysis of the thermal and hygroscopic environment in a mechanically ventilated duck house. biosystems engineering, 200, 431-449.
[10] Kim, R. W., Kim, J. G., Lee, I. B., Yeo, U. H., Lee, S. Y., & Decano-Valentin, C. (2021). Development of three-dimensional visualisation technology of the aerodynamic environment in a greenhouse using CFD and VR technology, Part 2: Development of an educational VR simulator. Biosystems Engineering, 207, 12-32.
[11] Kim, R. W., Kim, J. G., Lee, I. B., Yeo, U. H., & Lee, S. Y. (2019). Development of a VR simulator for educating CFD-computed internal environment of piglet house. biosystems engineering, 188, 243-264.
[12] Kim, J. G., Lee, I. B., Yoon, K. S., Ha, T. H., Kim, R. W., Yeo, U. H., & Lee, S. Y. (2018). A study on the trends of virtual reality application technology for agricultural education. Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory, 27(2), 147-157.
[13] Yeo, U. H., Decano-Valentin, C., Ha, T., Lee, I. B., Kim, R. W., Lee, S. Y., & Kim, J. G. (2020). Impact Analysis of Environmental Conditions on Odour Dispersion Emitted from Pig House with Complex Terrain Using CFD. Agronomy, 10(11), 1828.

Comment

Editorial Office
1108, New building, 22, Teheran-ro 7-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Homepage: www.kibme.org TEL: +82-2-568-3556 FAX: +82-2-568-3557
Copyrightⓒ 2012 The Korean Institute of Broadcast and Media Engineers
All Rights Reserved